July 7, 2021
Dear Edenton Resident, Family member and Staff:
I am pleased to announce some changes for the Independent Living portion of the Edenton campus. Effective Thursday July 8th the following changes will be implemented:
• Fully vaccinated IL residents and staff working in the Manor House and Dining Room will no longer be required to wear a mask or face covering indoors.
• Unvaccinated residents, visitors and staff are REQUIRED to wear a mask or face covering indoors at all times.
• No masking is required outdoors. Unvaccinated persons are still required to mask and physical distance.
• Any individual who wants to continue to wear a mask or face covering may continue to do so.
• Screening/temperature checks will continue for entry to Manor House, IL residents who are served by Home Care and all AL residents and entry points. Manor House side doors will be unlocked but persons should report to front desk for screening.
• Any IL resident or staff entering an AL building or using the exercise room at Orchard Terrace must wear a mask and be screened for entry.
Assisted Living – the above changes do not change your masking requirements. Masking and other requirements continue to be required by the MD Department of Health.
Assisted Living will continue to follow:
1. Scheduled Visitation – We cannot permit drop in visitors. If you plan to visit on a regular basis, call the front desk to be placed on the schedule.
a. Staff will turn away family and friends who have not scheduled.
b. We still are maintaining a 10-person limit inside each of the buildings for health and safety reasons.
c. A daily visit schedule is provided to each building. Your name and time must be on the list for visitation.
2. Masks – Residents, staff, visitors, venders, and volunteers (really anyone in our buildings) must wear an approved face covering or mask based upon your role or job.
a. If you are a visitor in a Resident room, vaccinated and the Resident agrees you can remove your mask.
b. Any unvaccinated person must always wear a mask!
c. If a family member or visitors are with a resident in a common area (indoors or outside) everyone must wear a mask.
d. No unvaccinated person can dine with, take a break with, or visit with someone here at Edenton without wearing a mask.
i. Visitors can only dine in the main dining room. No visitors may dine in AL buildings.
3. Screenings – Upon entry, everyone will continue to be screened and temperature taken, and information recorded.
a. Residents will be screened, and temperature taken each shift.
b. Staff will be screened, and temperatures taken at the start and end of each shift.
c. Visitors will be screened, and temperatures taken when entering the building.
d. No one should come to Edenton if you are not feeling well.
As always, if I can answer any question or provide you with information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.
Be well, RaeAnn Butler