February 25, 2021
Good morning Edenton Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Activity is safely and systematically picking up on campus. I want to update you on a few actions we are taking this week and next regarding independent living (IL) and assisted living (AL) services and activity.
• AL Resident scheduled indoor visitation begins next on Monday March 1st. Please call to schedule a visit for any weekday or weekend day.
• AL Residents began individual appointments to Beauty Shop this week.
• IL Residents can now have two persons seated at a dining table. We are still not offering guests the ability to dine in the dining room.
• Small group exercise, Zumba and yoga classes began in IL this week and will resume in AL next week.
• IL weekly grocery shopping to Giant will resume on Monday March 1st.
• Increased small group activities and social events will begin in March for both IL and AL. Reservations must be made for IL activity attendance for now.
Here are just a few reminders about AL scheduled visitation:
• Visits need to be scheduled by calling 301-694-3100.
• Only two visitors per scheduled visit.
• Visitor(s) must wear mask and maintain distance during the visit.
• Only the Resident may remove their mask while actively eating or drinking.
• We ask that visits not exceed one hour based on the number of people requesting visitation.
The good news continues that Frederick County numbers of new infections continue to decline, the numbers of hospitalized patients at Frederick Health is declining and the reported positivity rate is 4% today. The better news is that by getting virus numbers down, reducing the spread and getting more people vaccinated will help us all in our lives. Please continue to wear your mask, distance, and practice good hand hygiene.
We look forward to receiving your phone calls or emails to schedule AL visits beginning March 1st. As always, if I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.
February 25, 2021