January 19, 2022
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Good morning. Garden House and Blossom Place Resident tests have come back negative for this week. Staff tests continue and have been negative to date. We will test another week as protocol set by the health department. Monitoring and assessments of Residents and staff are ongoing should anyone indicate they are not feeling well or have been exposed.
Please consider enrolling your household to receive up to 4 free covid rapid tests at home. The website is www.covidtests.gov. Each household can order four tests regardless of how many people live in the home. It appears that tests may 7 to 12 days to ship. An email is only required if you want to receive a shipping notice.
Frederick County positivity rates are declining – today 25.4 %. Maryland today is 18.85%. Although numbers are declining they are still high and the spread of the omicron variant is reported to be impacting the majority of people testing positive.
Upgraded masks should be used by everyone. No cloth face masks should be worn here at Edenton or when working with our Residents. N95 masks continue to be available for use in all departments and nurses stations.
Edenton is hosting a vaccination booster clinic today Wednesday January 19th at 3pm. Whitesell Pharmacy will be here to offer the Moderna booster for anyone interested. Contact Madison at the front desk if you are interested.
Edenton continues with the following actions for all assisted living visitors (independent living residents should be considering this as well):
1. All visitors (family members, personal companions, etc.) must first report to the Manor House for screening information and temperature taken. A screening sticker will be provided before going to the assisted living building for scheduled visit. NOTE: the Manor House front desk is staffed every day from 8 am to 5 pm.
2. AL visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms.
a. Anyone who wants to dine with a Resident, we can help you with special accommodations or you can request a reservation in the main dining room. (This is not recommended at this time with high transmission rates).
3. Masks (medical grade or higher – kn95, or n95) must be worn at all times. Even when both the visitor(s) and Resident are fully vaccinated! If a Resident is positive for the virus, other PPE will be provided and must be worn when with the Resident.
4. Residents can leave campus with family and friends. Please tell us in advance so that we can help to have the Resident ready for their outing. Please do not take AL residents to public restaurants or large gatherings.
5. We will recommend that residents who take a leave of absence away from campus be tested upon returning.
If I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.