January 11, 2022
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Good morning. Since the weekend, we have been notified of an additional two staff members who have tested positive after exposures to family members/households.
We notified and then tested Blossom Place residents yesterday with one asymptomatic resident resulting in a positive test. Under the new guidelines, if a Resident is fully vaccinated and boosted as well as tests negative, they do not need to quarantine in their rooms. Visitors are permitted although I request that you exercise extreme caution in doing so to reduce the exposures to our Residents and staff members.
We are re-testing Garden House residents today for the second week follow up and still have no one showing any symptoms. We continue to follow and increase PPE use at GH since many Residents are unable to wear a mask consistently.
For any person (staff or visitor) entering a Resident’s room with a confirmed case of the virus, one must wear full PPE. Although visitation is not restricted, it is not recommended.
I continue to request all visitors – please do not visit with our seniors if you have engaged in an event, you feel under the weather or have a known exposure to someone who has recently tested positive for the virus.
Edenton continues with the following actions for all assisted living visitors (independent living residents should be considering this as well):
1. All visitors (family members, personal companions, etc.) must first report to the Manor House for screening information and temperature taken. A screening sticker will be provided before going to the assisted living building for scheduled visit. NOTE: the Manor House front desk is staffed every day from 8 am to 5 pm.
2. AL visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms.
a. Anyone who wants to dine with a Resident, we can help you with special accommodations or you can request a reservation in the main dining room. (This is not recommended at this time with high transmission rates).
3. Masks must be worn at all times. Even when both the visitor(s) and Resident are fully vaccinated! If a Resident is positive for the virus, other PPE will be provided and must be worn when with the Resident.
4. Residents can leave campus with family and friends. Please tell us in advance so that we can help to have the Resident ready for their outing. Use caution when you take them off campus to public restaurants, person homes and gatherings. Help with mask wearing and hand hygiene.
5. We will recommend that residents who take a leave of absence away from campus be tested upon returning.
If I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.