May 10, 2022
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Today, Frederick County’s COVID-19 community transmission rate is reported as high and is at 10.74%.
Please see the following steps to be followed and used:
Independent Living –
- Wear a mask in the Manor House and other community indoor spaces
- Dining room – masks can be removed when actively eating and drinking
Assisted Living –
- Visitors MUST wear a mask at all times.
- Visitors will be permitted to screen and temp in at the buildings in the front desk log books.
- Children who can not wear a mask, must visit with Resident outside.
- Guest meals are still not permitted in the AL dining rooms. If you wish to dine with your AL Resident, please call us to make arrangement to dine in the main dining room.
- Visits must occur in the Resident room or outdoors when weather permits.
- Call and schedule off campus outings and medical appointments for the AL resident so that we can assist in preparing for the outing.
As a reminder, when Edenton receives a report that a Resident has been exposed by a person who tests positive for the virus, the Resident is tested and quarantined until the result is received. For any Resident, who tests positive, an isolation period is required. For an AL Resident this isolation period remains for 10 days and could be longer based on symptoms. Regulations are different for long term care facilities and the general community.
If you have not received a booster vaccine, I strongly encourage you to consider this third shot. If this dose can help you avoid becoming infected or minimize symptoms, this is important.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience as we continue to navigate the impact of Covid – 19.