December 28, 2021
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Good morning. I am writing to report that we have another vaccinated staff member who tested positive. We are testing Orchard Terrace residents today and those staff who worked with this employee.
Let me reassure you that we are continuing to do all the right things to keep our staff and residents safe – vaccinations, boosters, masking, and hand hygiene. And yet, this nasty virus keeps us on our toes.
I ask that all family members and visitors – please do not visit with our seniors if you have engaged in a large family holiday or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for the virus. There have already been a few isolated instances in which we are testing individual residents due to exposure, and we have another holiday to get thru this weekend.
It remains very concerning to see the Maryland state positivity rate at 17.58%, Frederick County positivity rate reach 18.57% and yesterday 67 inpatients reported at Frederick Health Hospital (18 vaccinated) related to COVID.
Edenton continues with the following actions for all assisted living visitors (independent living residents should be considering this as well):
1. All visitors must first report to the Manor House for screening information and temperature taken. A screening sticker will be provided before going to the assisted living building for scheduled visit. NOTE: the Manor House front desk is staffed every day from 8 am to 5 pm.
2. AL visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms.
a. Anyone who wants to dine with a Resident, we can help you with special accommodations or you can request a reservation in the main dining room. (This is not recommended at this time with high transmission rates).
3. Masks must be worn at all times. Even when both the visitor(s) and Resident are fully vaccinated! If a Resident is positive for the virus, other PPE will be provided and must be worn when with the Resident.
4. Residents can leave campus with family and friends. Please tell us in advance so that we can help to have the Resident ready for their outing. Use caution when you take them off campus to public restaurants, person homes and gatherings. Help with mask wearing and hand hygiene.
5. We will recommend that residents who take a leave of absence away from campus be tested upon returning.
I ask everyone to continue to take this virus seriously and do all that you can to protect yourself, your family members, and the general community. If I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.
Happy New Year!