December 6, 2021
Edenton Residents, Family Members and Staff;
This morning I want to communicate with you that a Fiddler’s Green staff member has tested positive for COVID- 19. Following the health department directives, we will be testing the Fiddler’s Green Residents and staff members starting today. FG residents will be limited during the next 24 hours while we wait for the test results. If all Residents tests come back negative, Residents will be allowed to be in group activities and dining.
Since the last time Edenton experienced an outbreak, the CDC and Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services have revised guidance for nursing homes (and Edenton as an assisted living is following this guidance) during an outbreak.
Visitors are permitted to enter the facility during an outbreak. Edenton is continuing with the following actions for all assisted living visitors:
1. All visitors must first report to the Manor House for screening information and temperature taken. A screening sticker will be provided before going to the assisted living building for scheduled visit.
2. All assisted living (AL) visitation must be scheduled advance (please try to schedule at least 2 to 4 hour minimum). No last-minute drop in or less than an hour notification of visitation arrival. (Special circumstances may arise when we will permit a deviation from this scheduling requirement.)
3. AL visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms.
4. A maximum of 2 persons are permitted for AL visits inside the room.
5. We encourage outside visitation when the weather permits
6. Masks must be worn at all times. Even when both the visitor(s) and Resident are fully vaccinated! If a Resident is positive for the virus, other PPE will be provided and must be worn when with the Resident.
7. Caution should be taken when any Resident is taken off campus to public restaurants, person homes and gatherings.
I ask everyone to continue to take this virus seriously and do all that you can to protect yourself, your family members, and the general community. If I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.