December 7, 2021
Edenton Residents, Family Members and Staff;
Good afternoon. Yesterday’s Covid-19 testing at Fiddlers Green came back with one asymptomatic Resident testing positive. Yes, we know that even a fully vaccinated person (as well as booster) can test positive. We hope that the vaccines and all other measures taken help to protect for any severe issues from the virus. I have been in touch with the health department to confirm what protocols are to be followed since the change in guidance issued by the CDC and CMS in November.
I know several people reached out to me to clarify that visitors are still permitted, even during an outbreak. Yes, that is correct. There is still concern associated with visitation, and precautions will be taken. Here, in a nutshell, is what can and will occur with an outbreak.
• Resident who tests positive is quarantined for 10 days.
• Other Residents, who tested negative, can go about their normal routines as well as participate in group activities and dining – out of their rooms. They should still wear a mask when out of their rooms, if possible, and practice good hand hygiene.
• Visitors – will still follow these guidelines when coming to see a Resident. Visitors are permitted to enter the facility during an outbreak. Edenton is continuing with the following actions for all assisted living visitors:
1. All visitors must first report to the Manor House for vaccination information, exposure risk, screening information and temperature taken. A screening sticker will be provided before going to the assisted living building for scheduled visit.
2. All assisted living (AL) visitation should be scheduled in advance (please try to schedule at least 2 to 4 hour minimum). No last-minute drop in or less than an hour notification of visitation arrival. (Special circumstances may arise when we will permit a deviation from this scheduling requirement.)
3. AL visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms.
4. A maximum of 2 persons are permitted for AL visits inside the room.
5. We encourage outside visitation when the weather permits
6. Masks must be worn at all times. Even when both the visitor(s) and Resident are fully vaccinated! If a Resident is positive for the virus, other PPE will be provided and must be worn when with the Resident.
7. Caution should be taken when any Resident is taken off campus to appointments, public restaurants, person homes and gatherings. Masks should always be worn and good hand hygiene followed.
I ask everyone to continue to take this virus seriously and do all that you can to protect yourself, your family members, and the general community. If I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.