August 18, 2021
Dear Edenton Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Out of an abundance of caution and due to the rising COVID case rate here In Frederick County, Edenton will be implementing the following actions to respond to today’s positivity rate of 6.38%.
1. All visitors must first report to the Manor House for screening information and temperature taken. A screening sticker will be provided before going to the assisted living building for scheduled visit.
2. All assisted living (AL) visitation must be scheduled in advance (4 hour minimum). No last-minute drop in or less than an hour notification of visitation arrival. (Special circumstances may arise when management will permit a deviation from this scheduling requirement.)
3. AL visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms.
4. A maximum of 2 persons are permitted for AL visits inside the room.
5. We encourage outside visitation when the weather permits. A maximum of 6 visitors outside.
6. Masks must be worn at all times. Even when both the visitor(s) and Resident are vaccinated!
7. Caution should be taken when AL Residents are taken off campus to public restaurants, person homes and gatherings.
1. Masks must be worn inside any building or location on campus (including the laundry room).
2. Dining room seating will be limited to number of persons per table or section. A mask must be worn until service begins for food/beverage.
3. Manor House side doors will remain unlocked for entry, but you must report to the front desk for screening upon entry.
The last time Frederick County numbers were within the current range was January. The numbers have continued to escalate, in large part to what may be the Delta variant. I will continue to review Frederick community health metrics and consider changes as needed.
If I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.
August 18, 2021