September 9, 2022
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Late yesterday, we received the testing results for Fiddlers Green and Garden House. One asymptomatic Resident at Fiddlers Green had a positive test. All others were negative. All Garden House residents came back negative. This ends the weekly testing at Garden House. Testing will continue at Fiddlers Green for the next two weeks.
I would like to remind Family members, visitors/guests and staff that masks must be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking. Visitation remains open (even for a Resident who tests positive for the virus) but I caution you to not visit if you are ill or have had a known exposure to someone else who has covid. If you have recently recovered from the Covid, please do not visit your family member until at least 10 days have passed from your positive test result. Our Edenton campus continues to take all the precautions that we can but the virus is still highly transmissible.
As I mentioned last week, the new bivalent booster vaccine has been approved for use. The new vaccine contains two messenger RNA components of the SARS Covid virus – one from the original strain and one common between the current variants of BA.4 and BA.5. I am awaiting a date from Whitesell Pharmacy for the next vaccination date. This will be two weeks apart from the annual flu vaccine date of Thursday October 6th. Although both vaccines can be given at the same time, I am choosing to separate these vaccinations so that we can cautiously monitor Residents after each vaccine for side effects.
Residents and staff are eligible to receive this new booster if it has been at least two months since they have completed their primary series vaccines, or last booster. Anyone who recently tested positive for the Covid virus is suggested to wait 3 months for the booster vaccine.
Please follow this guidance for our campus:
Independent Living –
- Wear a mask in the Manor House and other community indoor spaces.
- Dining room – masks can be removed when actively eating and drinking
- Do not attend an activity or meal if you are not feeling well. Report any illness to the home care nurse.
Assisted Living –
- Visitors MUST wear a mask at all times.
- Visitors will be permitted to screen and temp in at the buildings in the front desk logbooks.
- Children who can not wear a mask, must visit with Resident outside.
- Guest meals are still not permitted in the AL dining rooms. If you wish to dine with your AL Resident, please call us to make arrangement to dine in the main dining room.
- Visits must occur in the Resident room or outdoors when weather permits.
- Call and schedule off campus outings and medical appointments for the AL resident so that we can assist in preparing for the outing.
- Any Resident who tests positive for the virus may still receive visitors who wear the proper PPE (supplied). Residents must be isolated for a minimum of 10 days or until the symptoms go away.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience as we continue to navigate the impact of Covid – 19.
RaeAnn Butler, Administrator