August 25, 2022
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Late yesterday we received our testing results from Fiddlers Green, Blossom Place and Garden House. One asymptomatic resident at Fiddlers Green had a positive test. All others were negative. The Resident will be isolated in their room for ten days, and testing will continue for Fiddlers Green and Garden House for next week.
I would like to remind Family members, visitors/guests and staff that masks must be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking. Visitation remains open (even for a Resident who tests positive for the virus) but I caution you to not visit if you are ill or have had a known exposure to someone else who has covid. Our Edenton campus continues to take all the precautions that we can but the virus is still highly transmissible.
Please continue to:
- Wear a mask indoors in public places. CDC recommends that people who are at high risk of complications from COVID talk to their healthcare provider about wearing a mask or taking other precautions. If you have been vaccinated, boosted and are still contracting the virus, you should be masking when out in public and small groups.
- Get vaccinated/boosted. Especially if you have already been vaccinated and tested positive. Get your booster shot.
- Get tested if you have symptoms. Do not go out with others if you have symptoms so that you do not risk spreading of the virus.
Please follow this guidance for our campus:
Independent Living –
1. Wear a mask in the Manor House and other community indoor spaces. This will be reassessed once the county positivity rate goes below 7%.
2. Dining room – masks can be removed when actively eating and drinking
3. Do not attend an activity or meal if you are not feeling well.
Assisted Living –
1. Visitors MUST wear a mask at all times.
2. Visitors will be permitted to screen and temp in at the buildings in the front desk logbooks.
3. Children who can not wear a mask, must visit with Resident outside.
4. Guest meals are still not permitted in the AL dining rooms. If you wish to dine with your AL Resident, please call us to make arrangement to dine in the main dining room.
5. Visits must occur in the Resident room or outdoors when weather permits.
6. Call and schedule off campus outings and medical appointments for the AL resident so that we can assist in preparing for the outing.
7. Any Resident who tests positive for the virus may still receive visitors who wear the proper PPE (supplied). Residents must be isolated for a minimum of 10 days or until the symptoms go away.
If you have not received a booster vaccine, I strongly encourage you to consider your booster vaccine. If this dose can help you avoid becoming infected or minimize symptoms, this is important.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience as we continue to navigate the impact of Covid – 19.
RaeAnn Butler, Administrator