February 7, 2022
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
Last week, I was able to clear the prior outbreak that we had on campus to only open it back up today. Testing will be completed in Fiddlers Green for residents and staff today as a resident, tested on Saturday and quarantined, came back with a positive result for the COVID-19 virus.
All resident family members have been communicated with and updated regarding the situation. As required, this information has been reported to the health department. Visitation remains permitted and can provide PPE for anyone visiting a resident who has either tested positive or provide for a higher quality face mask.
Although Frederick County positivity rates continue to decline – today 11.85 % and Maryland today is 6.12%, the Omicron variant remains highly transmissible. This variant is responsible for over 98% of all covid cases. Continue to take precautions in wearing a mask when out in public, distance yourself from others and wash your hands often. The recommendation to wear an upgraded mask continues. No cloth face masks should be worn here at Edenton or when working with our Residents. N95 masks continue to be available for use at the front desk for visitors, in all departments and nurse stations.
Edenton continues with the following actions for all assisted living visitors (independent living residents should be considering this as well):
- All visitors (family members, personal companions, etc.) must first report to the Manor House for screening information and temperature taken. A screening sticker will be provided before going to the assisted living building for scheduled visit. NOTE: the Manor House front desk is staffed every day from 8 am to 5 pm.
- AL visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms.
- Anyone who wants to dine with a Resident, we can help you with special accommodations or you can request a reservation in the main dining room.
- We cannot permit visitors to dine in assisted living at this time.
- Masks (medical grade or higher – kn95, or n95) must be worn at all times. Even when both the visitor(s) and Resident are fully vaccinated! If a Resident is positive for the virus, other PPE will be provided and must be worn when with the Resident.
- Residents can leave campus with family and friends. Please tell us in advance so that we can help to have the Resident ready for their outing. Please do not take AL residents to public restaurants or large gatherings.
- We will recommend that residents who take a leave of absence away from campus be tested upon returning.
If I can answer any question or provide you with additional information, please reach out to me or another member of our team.