March 24, 2022
Dear Residents, Family Members and Staff:
We received word on Tuesday that an Orchard Terrace Resident was exposed to a positive family member over the weekend. Testing of this Resident came back this morning and they are now positive for the COVID virus with symptoms.
This morning we are testing Residents and staff at Orchard Terrace. You will be updated if any further test results come back positive. As we have experienced in the past, one positive test result brings about at least two rounds of testing for Residents and staff connected to the building. We will continue to keep you informed and updated as to what is happening and should any changes occur.
Edenton continues with the following actions for all assisted living visitors:
Orchard Terrace – specific instructions for the next two weeks –
- Visits will occur in the Resident’s room. No visitors in public spaces or dining rooms
- Masks (medical grade or higher – kn95, or n95) must be worn at all times.
- If a Resident who is positive for the virus is having a visitor, PPE will be provided and must be worn when with the Resident.
- Any Resident who is awaiting COVID 19 test results must remain in the facility until the negative result is received. This applies to medical appointments and personal outings.
Assisted Living, in general, visitors and guests may still check in at the building. You do not need to call to schedule your visit. You can also have more than two (2) visitors per Resident room (keep in mind the size of the room).
- You do not need to screen in with symptom check or temperature.
- You must sign in and out on the visitor log.
- No one should visit if you are feeling ill, experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Visits may occur in the Resident room, lounge, or outside area. Only outside may a visitor be unmasked around a Resident.
- Guest meals are still not permitted in the AL dining rooms. If you wish to dine with your AL Resident, please call us to make arrangement to dine in the main dining room.
- Call and schedule off campus outings and medical appointments for the AL resident so that we can assist in preparing for the outing.
Thank you for your continued understanding and patience as we continue to navigate the impact of Covid – 19.