Certified Nursing Assistant Post
Job Description: Certified Nursing Assistant
Supervisor: Director of Nursing
- Satisfactory completion of a State approved Certified Nursing Assistant course and current certification with the State of Maryland registry
- Must be current in First Aid and CPR certification
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
- Experience with Alzheimer’s and other Dementia related diseases
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25-30 lbs. and push occupied wheelchairs
- Ability to use stairs
- Must have basic knowledge of computers for documentation and charting
A CNA provides a variety of services to a resident as follows and as needed:
- Assist and/or provide activities of daily living
- Take vital signs as directed
- Escorts to beauty shop (7-3 Shift)
- Does facility and resident(s) personal laundry as scheduled
- Keeps accurate daily record and charts on residents
- Administers First Aid and CPR if needed
- Notifies supervisor immediately of any change in resident(s) health status
- Prepares residents and dining room for meals, providing assistance to residents when necessary. Assisting in clean up of dining room after meals (7-3 and 3-11 shifts)
- Assisting with housekeeping duties when needed, (i.e. wiping up spills, vacuum, dusting, bathroom cleaning etc.) helping to maintain a safe environment for residents and staff at all times
- Assist with, and/or provide recreational activities for residents (7-3 and 3-11 shifts)
- The responsibility of nursing staff is to be continuously alert and attentive to any changes in status and/or need for intervention for the persons who are in their care. Sleeping in this setting is an unsafe nursing behavior and is therefore a violation of Nursing Practice Act
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
Because CNAs are in close contact with residents, thus knowing the intimate details of their personal lives, the CNA needs to respect the privacy of the resident(s).
Human Resources can be contacted by calling 301-694-3100 extension 121.
Edenton Retirement Community is an equal opportunity employer which prohibits any form of discrimination in employment opportunities or practices based upon race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, age, status as an individual with a disability who is otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions of their position, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions are based upon credentials, ability, and experience.
For Volunteer opportunities, please contact the Edenton community at
301-694-3100 and ask to speak to the Life Enrichment Director.